Getting a residence permit in Spain
A residence permit in Spain is a possibility of legalization of its position for foreign citizens living in Spain without the relevant documents. Standard example - a foreigner arrived on a tourist visa and stayed. In this article we will talk about the cases in which foreign citizens can apply for residence permit in Spain on the Pale.
Residence permits, as opposed to other types of residence, are granted to foreign citizens already residing in Spain, and its registration does not require the return of a foreigner to his homeland. There are three types of residence permits.
1. Social saturation
1. Social saturation
Requirements for the applicant:
- The minimum stay in Spain is 3. The calculation of the period of residence begins from the first day of registration in Spain and its best confirmation is certificate of registration. It can also be a certificate of hospitalization, confirmation of completion of training in Spanish courses, checks from shops, etc. For checks from stores, it is necessary to request invoices with the data of the applicant.
The law allows no more than 120 days in Spain for three years. At the same time, in fact, foreign citizens are not visiting in the course of 3 years. Crossing the border with an expired visa may result in a ban on entry into Spain.
- Have kinship with a Spanish citizen or other foreign nationals who reside in Spain on the basis of a residence permit (spouse, registered couple, parents or children). If there are none, you must provide an opinion from the local authorities on the social integration of the applicant. The applicant is interviewed by a representative of the authorities, after which a corresponding certificate is issued - a conclusion. In order to be interviewed, the applicant requires knowledge of Spanish.
- Have an employment contract for at least 1 of the year, signed by the employer. At the same time, the employer’s company should not have tax arrears and social contributions. This is confirmed by the provision of employer company tax returns. If the employer is an individual, it is necessary to confirm the presence of income sufficient to pay the applicant (minimum 100% of IPREM, that is, Euro 532,51 per month in the year 2017 after paying the applicant the salary).
Multiple entries are allowed. The total number of hours of employment must be at least 40 hours per week.
If the applicant has sufficient funds to live in Spain without working, has organized his own business or is in the process of registering it, the provision of an employment contract is optional. The conclusion on social integration should reflect the absence of the need for an employment contract.
Confirmation of financial solvency without an employment contract is rather complicated, so we recommend to consult in such cases in advance. Even in the case of obtaining a residence permit on the spanish Spaniard's residency, it is required to confirm that the Spanish citizen has enough money to support a young family.
2. WORKING SILENT
Requirements for the applicant:
- The minimum stay in Spain is 2. Calculating the period of residence begins from the first day of registration in Spain and the best confirmation is the certificate of registration. It can also be a certificate of hospitalization, confirmation of completion of training in Spanish courses, checks from shops, etc.
The law allows no more than 90 days in Spain for two years, but crossing the border with an expired visa may result in a ban on entry into Spain.
- Doing work in Spain for at least 6 months, as evidenced by a court decision recognizing the existence of an employment relationship for 6 months or by an administrative decision of the Labor and Social Security Inspectorate.
3. FAMILY SITTING
In this case, we are talking about a residence permit, which is provided to parents of Spaniards children or children of Spaniards parents by birth. For example, a Russian or Russian who lives without documents gives birth to a child in Spain from a Spanish citizen who becomes a Spanish citizen. The minimum period of residence of the applicant in Spain is missing.
In order to obtain a residence permit due to family residency, in the first case it is necessary to submit the applicant's birth certificate. In the second case, the applicant’s birth certificate and birth certificate of the Spaniard parent to confirm his Spanish citizenship at birth.
General requirements for the applicant, applied in the above three cases:
- Not to be a citizen or relative of a citizen of any other EU country, the country of the European Economic Area and Switzerland.
- Do not have a criminal record in Spain and the previous country of residence (during the last 5 years of residence there).
- Do not have a ban on entry to Spain or to other Schengen countries.
- All documents drawn up in a language other than Spanish must be accompanied by a translation into Spanish, certified by the legalization department of the Consulate General of Spain in Moscow or by a sworn translator officially recognized in Spain.
- Documents issued by the authorities must be apostilled.
The term of consideration of the application is 3 month, but often it is not more than four weeks. After receiving a positive decision, the applicant must apply for a resident card within a month of 1.
If you are in Spain without documents and you need to obtain a residence permit for settlement, you can contact by phone numbers that are listed on our website, and our specialists will help you on all issues, including arranging accompaniment to the migration authorities by translator.